Saturday, March 31, 2012

Needle felting classes in Navasota, TX!

I'll be giving two needle felting classes at WC Mercantile, my favorite place to get merino. I use their wool in most of my sculptures, and their superfine merino is the softest stuff I've ever worked with. Go support them, and me, and learn a thing or two!

There will be a Beginner Class on April 28th, where I'll teach how to make all the basic shapes out of core wool, attach them to each other, and cover them with nice dyed roving. No experience or materials required, everything is covered!


Then, on June 2nd, there will be an Advanced Class where each student will design a creature, then I'll go over how to make a wire armature (if necessary), how to make a structurally sound core shape, and how to decorate it with dyed roving and mixed media. Since the class is only 4 hours, you may not leave with a completed creature of your own design, but you will have made a lot of progress and will definitely be prepared to finish it on your own and make as many others as you want!


Here's the skinny:


BEGINNER NEEDLE FELTING
Date & Time: April 28th, 1-5 PM

Cost: $40

Materials required: None!



ADVANCED NEEDLE FELTING
Date & Time: June 2nd, 1-5 PM

Cost: $40
Materials required: Felting needle, felting foam, small pliers


Location for both:
WC Mercantile
201 E. Washington Ave
Navasota, Texas  77868
936-825-3378
info@wcmercantile.com

Hope to see you there!!

Lety RZ

0 comments:

Post a Comment